|Residency Requirements ||90 days|
|Where to File ||The county in which the plaintiff resides|
|Grounds for Divorce ||The only requirement is that the marriage relationship has been irretrievably broken|
Irreconcilable Differences or Irretrievable Breakdown
|Voluntary or required mediation ||Yes|
|Voluntary or recommended Counseling||Yes|
|Property Distribution ||Arizona is a community property state. Separate property is retained by the owner, and all other community property in the marriage is distributed equitably. Marital conduct is not a consideration in equitable distribution.|
|Child Custody ||In awarding child custody, the court may order sole custody or joint custody. |
The court shall determine custody, either originally or on petition for modification, in accordance with the best interests of the child. The court shall consider all relevant factors, including:
Uniform Child Custody Act: 1978
- The wishes of the child's parent or parents as to custody.
- The wishes of the child as to the custodian.
- The interaction and interrelationship of the child with the child's parent or parents, the child's siblings and any other person who may significantly affect the child's best interest.
- The child's adjustment to home, school and community.
- The mental and physical health of all individuals involved.
- Which parent is more likely to allow the child frequent and meaningful continuing contact with the other parent.
- Whether one parent, both parents or neither parent has provided primary care of the child.
- The nature and extent of coercion or duress used by a parent in obtaining an agreement regarding custody.
- Whether a parent has complied with chapter 3, article 5 of this title.
- Whether either parent was convicted of an act of false reporting of child abuse or neglect under section 13-2907.02.
Is Joint Custody awarded? YES
Do Grandparents Have the Right to Visitation? YES
Are Child's Wishes Considered? YES
|Child Support ||In any proceeding in which there is at issue the support of a child, the court may order either or both parents to pay any amount necessary for the support of the child. If a personal check for support payments and handling fees is rightfully dishonored by the payor bank or other drawee, any subsequent support payments and handling fees shall be paid only by cash, money order, cashier's check, traveler's check or certified check|
|Spousal Support ||Support can be awarded to ether spouse. Past marital actions are not considered. Employment possibilities of the spouse tend to cause the greatest influence in the decision, but a lot of factors play a significant role.|